Friday 3 May 2013


For months now Owen has been arguing with me that I am going through red traffic lights. Every morning on our way to school he “helps me drive” and I ask him which way to turn while we drive to daycare. This is also a good distraction from the fact we are driving to daycare when he would rather be at home .His common response every morning is “I’m too sick to go to school” and fakes a cough- apparently fibbing to get out of school starts at such an early age?

We are about to turn left and as I go through a green to make the turn Owen yells out  “You went through a red light!” shakes his head and actually hits his head with his hand in disappointment.  I start laughing out loud because I see this in my review mirror. I try to explain the rules of traffic lights again. Try to imagine this conversation with 3 year old.  As I’m sitting in the parking lot looking at my confused little boy who is still disappointed in me for breaking the rules of the road, I look at him and say  “It’s complicated,” Owen smiles at me. “Oh, what’s complicated?”

I’ll explain on our way home. :)


0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama