Sunday 19 October 2014

Our Own Modern Family


I had planned on saying a little speech yesterday at Owen's Birthday party,  a "Thank you" to everyone for coming to Owen's party, but the day was so busy that I didn't have the chance to. I was running around with the little ones and in between bowling, pizza, cake and arcade games, a quiet moment to make a speech did not arise. It was funny, when Owen's grandmother came up to ask me how many kids there were, I said "15" and started laughing because there were only about 7 but it felt like there were at least 15!! Lol. Nonetheless, it was a great party, Owen had a fantastic time, and so did his little buddies!

What I wanted to say to everyone that came was: How nice it was that we could all be there to celebrate Owen’s Birthday, and how lucky I felt for Owen that he had not only his Mom, Dad and little friends,  he had my side of the family, his Father’s side of the family, and now my boyfriend, Rick’s family—all there to celebrate OWEN. There have been many times when people have commented that « Sean and I are so lucky that we get along so well » .  I didn’t realize how fortunate we were until I heard this sentence over and over again and I am grateful that this is so.  Thank you for making this an easy transition for Owen, thank you for loving him the way that you do, thank you all for being open to new a way of being family, our own little Modern Family. 


My thanks goes out to you for the time you took to be a part of Owen’s 5th birthday, the warm wishes, thoughtful gifts and love you have shared with us means so much!  

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama