Wednesday 15 May 2013


Captain of the soccer team? Not yet. The cutest little superhero in soccer gear? Absolutely. :)

This past Saturday Owen had his second soccer game and I managed to snap this priceless photo of Owen  “fighting bad guys” on the field. Most of the parents were giggling along with me as Owen flew around the field pretending he was a superhero. “Owen, go get the ball hunny!” I yelled out. “I’m not Owen, I’m ironman!” Says Owen. I reply with “Ironman, go get the ball!” As I start to laugh out loud. Owen started to run after the ball but he got a little discouraged when he couldn’t seem to get close enough to kick the ball. I run out onto the field (Parents are allowed to at this at this age) took his tiny hand in mine and lead my little ironman to the soccer ball.

The opposite team scores a goal and the soccer coach throws the ball into the field. I lead Owen to the ball, “Now kick hunny!” Owen kicks the ball then turns to me, “I kicked it!” As he jumped up and down, arms waving in the air. “You did!! I’m so proud of you!! Now, lets try to get to get the ball again” I say to him. 

This continued for the rest of the game, Owen ran around as Ironman and kicked the ball 4 or 5 more times. Owen was not interested in scoring goals, he was just happy to have made contact with the ball. He was simply doing what children do best, they have fun. :)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama