Tuesday 4 June 2013

Enjoy your beautiful skin! :)

With this post, I would love to encourage women to feel comfortable in their skin, share tips that I have learned, and how I almost go to the point of wanting botox at 26, turning 27 years old.
Three or four months ago I walked into a doctors office to speak with the doctor about botox. For the past year or so my smile lines were more noticeable and I started to get insecure about the onset of wrinkles. I had a consultation with the doctor and I explained to her what areas of my skin bothered me. She then replied with “I would happily take your money, but I wont, you don’t need botox.” Today, I am so happy that was her answer. She then went on to tell me that all I needed was a good eye hydrating moisturizer.  Along with that, she recommended that I drink plenty of water. The doctor ended the conversation with “ If in 10 years you would still like to get botox, we can talk about it then” And I was happy with that.

Below are my recommendations
I started to do some research on different eye creams that were specifically for hydration and I came across the Eye Doctor by Origins I have been using this since the end of February, and I noticed a HUGE difference even after two weeks of using this! My eyes are hydrated all day, my skin glows around my eyes, and the little lines that bothered me around my eyes are hardly noticeable. I have not found anything with the same results- it is truly incredible! You can purchase Eye Doctor and other Origin products from Sephora or from http://www.origins.com 

Here is some additional information I took from Sephora’s website
What it is formulated to do:
When fragile skin around eyes shows crinkly dry lines and other unsightly flaws, a twice-daily dose of botanicals are just what the doctor ordered. Nature's highly recommended caretakers, including cooling cucumber, soothing rosemary, and energizing ginseng, rapidly make skin around eyes look and feel all better.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Green tea extract helps fight off free radical damage. This product shows perfect bedside manners, night or day, under makeup or alone. Ophthalmologist tested. Use with all skin types.

Another eye product that I love is Arcona Eye Dew – I saw this on http://barefootblonde.com/ and my friend offered to order me some as she was ordering some for herself. I tried it, and I loved it! I find that this eye dew is particularly good to use under your make up. The make up sits on top of the eye dew instead of sinking in to any fine lines. This product will hydrate your skin, repair damage and soothe the eye area with blueberry and vitamin E extract.
(I ran out of the eye dew *sigh*- but this is what it looks like )

 For my daily face routine I have only ever used The Body Shop Products. I went from using the Tea Tree oil face wash and moved on to the Aloe Gentle Facial wash and the Aloe soothing night cream. I used the night cream in the morning as well, I find it gives you a bit more moisture than the day cream, and that’s why I like it. The Aloe face wash completely removes my make up and leaves my skin feeling fresh and incredibly clean!


From the aloe line I also use the aloe gentle exfoliater  I use this scrub about once every four days. It is very gentle on your skin and suitable for sensitive skin like mine.

Now,  before I write this next blurb, I’d have you know that I’ve always enjoyed getting “dolled up”- I am pretty much always in dresses and I enjoy doing my hair and putting on makeup BUT it is also important to give your skin a break! I now rarely wear makeup during the day, I simply moisturize and leave my skin bare until it is time to pick up Owen, or until I head out for the evening. During the day I also drink plenty of water and a healthy amount of fruits and veggies (You can refer back to my previous posts below for more information)

http://tipsfromamomma.blogspot.ca/2013/04/are-you-drinking-enough-water-according.html

http://tipsfromamomma.blogspot.ca/2013/05/what-is-goodfor-you-is-also-good-for.html

And most importantly, the more I do without makeup the more I see my skin for what it truly is, and it is beautiful. Appreciate what you are given, take good care of your skin, and lastly, protect it. Always wear protective eye wear, a good SPF with or without make up before heading out into the sun. So many new foundations have SPF already in them, take advantage of this! :)

I hope that some of these tips help, enjoy your beautiful self- enjoy your beautiful skin! :)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama