Monday 10 June 2013

Instead of doing a typical weekend photo recap post, I wanted to highlight a few local entrepreneurs and businesses that I had the pleasure of running into over the weekend.
My brother Bret, was showcasing his artwork in the London Covent Market this past Saturday. He has always been creative, imaginative, and his artwork is quite unique. We have two paintings in my house from my brother, one he made for Owen, and for myself.

Above is one of Bret’s newest pieces of artwork, he describes his art as “ impulsive abstract space art,colorful and very mystical” I am honoured to have such a talented artist in the family. To view more of Bret’s work or to contact him directly, visit him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bret.toth?fref=ts
After spending some time with my brother my friend and I walked through the Rag Bag Bazaar that was happening in downtown London.

^^Mac & Joe^^ This handsome duo are behind the handmade unisex accessories! With bow ties for days, and gorgeous scarfs, there really is something for everyone! You can find them on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacAndJoe  all of their accessories can be shipped worldwide. Mac and Joe also find it important to give back to their community, for St. Patricks Day they partnered up to raise money for the London’s Children’s Health Foundation, how incredible is that? We will be hearing and seeing much more from these two!

^^^LIQUID GOLD! ^^^Before leaving the London Covent Market, I searched out a vendor for local honey. I have been hearing the best things about it, and the rumors are true, its amazing!! This honey is produced by the Wildflower Honey Company. If you are ever stopping by the market, make sure to grab a jar, or two!

^^^ And if snacking all day wasn’t enough, I heard about Penny’s BBQ  and made a priority to stop by. Penny offers amazing BBQ next to Rona off of Commisioners. Penny offers Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Sausages, Veggie Burgers, fresh cut fries and a variety of cold beverages. I ordered the Veggie Burger, topped it with my favourites and her signature chipotle mayo, It was delicious!  With Penny’s warm and friendly personality and her fantastic BBQ she is huge hit! I will definitely be coming back for more, and soon!^^^

^^^Sunday, I went for a tour at Cinch Stables. This Western riding center has a very personable staff, and the horses are so friendly! I was impressed by how well kept everything was, and it felt like a very comfortable environment. Riding is something I have been wanting to get back into for some time now, and I am happy to have found this place. To find out more about Cinch Stables, you can check out their website here: http://cinchstables.com/^^^
To end our weekend Owen and I went to my Aunt and Uncles to Celebrate their 19th wedding anniversary. We had some delicious appetizers at their place and moved our party over to Marienbad for dinner. It was a very lovely evening!

 ^^^ My Mother and Owen playing in the wind after dinner^^ I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as we did! ^^^ Happy Monday! :)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama