Tuesday 11 June 2013


With Fathers Day fast approaching, I have been searching different gift ideas online and thought I would share them with you! Along with a gift I have put together, I always add something created by Owen. Some ideas would include finger painting, a framed photo of your little ones, crafty cards, or a canvas of your loved ones handprints like this one we had previously made for Owen’s Father. For this craft you can purchase everything you need from the Dollar store. There I found this canvas, paint, and paintbrushes. Everything I needed for only $5!

Instructions: I had Owen paint his father’s hand his favorite colour.  We had his father press his painted hand on a small canvas then let the canvas handprint dry overnight.  The next day, I painted Owen’s hand his favourite colour and then placed his handprint on top of his Fathers. When that dried, we could have left it as it was but decided to write Daddy + Owen underneath the hands at the bottom of the canvas!

Super simple, easy to make, and touching all at once.  However fancy the other gifts,  receiving a crafty gift from Owen is always our favorite gift to receive. 


To go along with our craft I am putting together a BBQ themed present. I have picked up these sauces--one is a Budweiser BBQ sauce and the other a Jim Beam wing sauce. I’m planning on picking up a book with recipes for the grill, like the one here from Chapters Indigo, (Only $19.14!) and some new BBQ tools.

Still in search of Father’s Day gift ideas?? Check out these following links from Chapters Indigo and Today’s Parent Online. You will be sure to find something he’ll love this Father’s Day!





0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama