Thursday 4 April 2013

Take Time for Tea!
Mid day or at the end of the night, I find having tea is such a great way to relax and unwind! I often have a variety on hand but here are my favorites from David’s Tea.
Organic Cold 911- Peppermint, Juniper berries, orange peel, natural eucalyptus and orange peel. This tea is great to have around this time of year when colds are common.
Secret Weapon- White bai mu dan tea from Fujian Province. Almonds, toasted orange peel, goji berries, cocoa, licorice root, blue cornflowers. Great for the immune system!

Bravissimo- Licorice root, chamomile, rosehips, orange peel, peppermint, goji berries. This tea is sweet, soothing and satisfying!
Read My lips- Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate, red lip sprinkles, pink peppercorns. This tea is delicious! I often put milk in black tea but this one is delicious on its own!
And my favourite……
Shanti Ayurvedic- Shanti means “peace within” and this is exactly what this tea brings me. Organic tulsi, saffron, fennel seed, licorice root, star anise, orange peel, peppermint, leamongrass, natural citrus. This is the most wonderful tea! It is calming and completely relaxes me.
If you do not have a David’s Tea near you, you can boil fresh water, add lemon juice, a couple slices of lemon and pure organic honey. Lemons are packed with vitamin C and the honey will help soothe your throat. For something different- add cinnamon.
My parents gave this to me when I was younger if I had a cold or sore throat. Now, I drink it occasionally because it's healthy.  Just remember,  do not give honey to children under 1year of age as it may cause infant botulism (http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/kitchen-cuisine/infant-botul-infantile-eng.php)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama