Wednesday 10 April 2013

Break time!

These last two months are going to be some kind of crazy! I have two months left of Childbirth Education which includes, course work, birth observations, prenatal classes and designing a course curriculum… Yikes!  My head will be in the books and you may not see me until June.  It is going to be a  ton of work but I know it will be worth it!! J
To give my eyes a rest from studying  and reading the computer screen, I take breaks. During my breaks, I am either cleaning around the house, putting in some laundry, or making a snack.  Sunday, my friend, Renee, and I were discussing different protein shakes. Today, I was in the mood for a smoothie, so this is what I put together with the ingredients I had at home.  One banana, coconut almond milk, pineapple juice, and a strawberry for decoration! It was delicious. ( Picture below) I didn’t have any protein powder but I will definitely try that next time!



Renee was kind enough to send me some of her healthy protein shake recipes so I thought I would share them with you.  I am back to studying now and will have wait for my next break but I can’t wait to try them and hope you do, too! J
Just need a "treat" smoothie:
Dark choc almond milk
Half banana
Scoop of peanut butter
Scoop of vanilla protein powder
Add coconut if desired. It tastes like a germen choc cake!!
***You may want to do half cold water because its thick
Breakfast smoothie:Grapefruit, apple, banana..
Add whole food organic granola!
You will have to do lots of chewing, but it makes me feel like I'm actually eating something...add some almond milk and water for consistency.
In The Juicer:
Tomato, beet, cucumber, pineapple juice
This combo helps flush out your system. Great to have the day after a night of indulging.
If you go to your health food store you can purchase liquid bee pollen and ginsing to add to your drinks.  A dash is all you need. Helps with energy and makes a good anti oxidant.

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama