Friday 26 April 2013

One of Owen’s best attributes is that he is almost always smiling.  He smiles and says “Hello” to everybody, then follows by asking a series of questions that end in “Why?”  :)
 While in line at the grocery store, Owen asked an older man his name, middle name and last name, the older man replied, then asked Owen: “Would you like my social insurance number too?” then the old man looked over at me and gave out a loud chuckle.
I’ve started taking this cue from Owen and by that I don’t mean asking everyone their full names but I’ve just started smiling while I’m out and about. I was at Homesense the other day and while walking through the store I had a grin from ear to ear. I received a few smiles back and even heard “Wow that girl is really happy!” from an older women talking to her daughter.  I might have even looked a bit ridiculous- but I bet you, that seeing a smile on my face put a smile on someone else’s.
With that, I’ll leave you on this note:
While we are teaching our children, they in return, are teaching us.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama