Thursday 4 July 2013

Pasta Salad


During the summer, one of our favorite lunch time meals are pasta salads! There are so many to choose from and you can really use any ingredients you want, best of all-- kids love them! 

In this pasta salad I used:

150g of tri-colored rotini pasta
1 handful of spinach
1 red, and 1 yellow pepper
1/2 cup lentils
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon of lemon juice, plus a little lemon zest
1/2 cup Italian dressing

Cook pasta and lentils together, I usually put the lentils in first to cook for 5 mins before adding the pasta, cook until your preferred tenderness. Rinse in cold water and then place into a bowl. Add veggies, and Italian dressing. Owen is not a fan of lemon so after I toss all of the ingredients together I put some aside for him, and then I add a table spoon of fresh lemon juice, and then I add a little lemon zest to mine as well. 

Dig in! :)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama