Friday 5 July 2013

My Gypsy Heart

Before Owen was born, my soul was a gypsy wandering.  I was always trying something new, travelling,  never wanting to sit still. Now, my life could not be more opposite, and although I wouldn’t have it any other way, now and again my little gypsy heart urges me to try something different, something new.

Now that I’m finished my studies, I will be working next week. My plan is to save up and take myself on a trip. I want to get lost in a new place. I won’t be gone for long, mind you- I can barely resist being away from Owen for a night, but a four-day trip somewhere, sounds idyllic.

Knowing myself, I will probably be checking my phone every few hours to see how Owen is doing, and will be watching videos of him saved on my phone, but I will keep in mind my belief, that it is important not to forget the person you were before your children came into your life. Take some time for yourself, do the things/activities you used to do before your children came along. Try something new, read a book, take a day or four away to yourself. After all, most of those life experiences made you the person you are today.

You may even find you are a better Mother/Father for taking that time. As much as it is easy to do, do not loose YOU.

Take care.

X0

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama