Monday 28 October 2013

Everything happens for a reason

I believe every part of this title to be true. I believe the some people are meant to be in our lives at one point or another, and help us and guide us through different stages of life.

When Sean and I moved in to the house that I currently live in, I rented out a townhouse that I lived in throughout college. One family that happened to rent from me was a lovely couple with a new baby girl named Sophia. We immediately clicked over our European backgrounds and values, and not only did they become my tenants, they became my very dear friends. We had dinners together, our children played together, we took turns babysitting and I met their family from Romania.  They became a part of our family.

Ramona was one of the very first people I talked to when Sean and I separated. I went over to her house and cried and cried. I don’t remember much of the conversation but what I remember is that she said to me: “You know Suzanne, maybe you met me for a reason, maybe I am here to help you get through this tough time in your life” I remember this so clear, and to be honest, I am so very thankful. I’m not sure what I would have done without them during this time. Ramona, Sophia, and Jon have become another extension of my family, I hope to always have them in my life, and I cannot wait to put our plans in motion to travel through Europe together.

This past weekend, I visited Ramona in Burlington. We had dinner out with her colleagues and played with little Sophia. Sophia helped me pick out my outfit, watched me get ready, and we played with dolls--the complete opposite of what Owen and I would be doing. Our play time involves ninja turtles, fort building, wrecking towers and play fighting. ;)

People are part of your life for a reason and purpose. I am so grateful for them, and I will never forget how they’ve helped me.

Below, are a few photo’s from our weekend :) 




       




0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama