Sunday 6 October 2013

After you

One day after school last week, instead of going straight home, we took a drive through the country side. Weeks before I took this same drive because Owen had fallen asleep in the car, I kept driving…Trust me, he needed his sleep. ;)

While driving down the country side we drove past a red barn that I had never seen before, it looked as though it was a store or burger place? Barn, cow, burger place… made sense to me. The other day I thought it would be fun to take a drive to this barn to see what it was exactly, and what it was a cheese barn! They sell all sorts of cheese, even cheese curds—delicious!  Pepperettes, fresh fruit, and other staples.
Owen and I left with a root beer, cream soda, sticks of meat and fresh concord grapes.

As I buckled Owen into his car seat, root beer in hand, he said: “This was really fun mommy”.  It just goes to show you, it really is the little things that matter most.

When we arrived home, we sat on the front porch and talked about our day, and how beautifully warm the weather was. When we were about to head inside Owen put his arm out to stop me “Let me get it” as he started to open the door, “after you, Mom”.

Not only are you sweet, and kind Owen, you are a gentlemen.
I am the luckiest lady in the world.


0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama