Monday 19 August 2013

Have you done everything that you wanted to do this summer?

At the beginning of summer I created a short list of things I wanted to do/accomplish here they are:

1. Finish course work for Childbirth Education
2. Birth Observations
3. Prenatal Classes sit in-teach
4. Work 
5. Travel
6. Day Trips
7. Spend more time on the beach with Owen
8. Try new recipes
9. Meet new people

I've accomplished my list, and them some. 

I finished my course in Childbirth Education and am currently waiting to write my final exam in October. I have had several job offers, even in other cities that I am seriously considering. I worked hard to finish 2 year program in less than one year. There were many late nights, but I did it. :)

For work, I had the opportunity to work for a great friend, and now a lawyer. I've also been paid to do what I love- which is write! :)

This summer I wasn't able to do as much travelling as I wanted to due to my course and trying to finish on time, but I did manage to make several trips to Toronto and Burlington, and will be heading to Chicago very soon with my friend Michelle! :)

Day Trips- Owen and I have taken many to Port Stanley and back home to enjoy the beach.

Which also takes care of number 7. :) The beach was such a big part of my summer when I was younger. We had a pool growing up and I could probably swim better than I could run, I was a little mermaid. We also had the beach practically in our backyard. Almost every day was spent there. It is such a calm and peaceful place to me with wonderful memories, I want the same for Owen.

Owen and I tried many new recipes this summer, we baked, we cooked, we barbecued! :) He's a wonderful little helper! Our summer favorite would have to be barbecued pineapple! It pretty much goes with everything from chicken to ice cream! If you haven't tried it... Please do.

9. Done. I've met many new friends and got caught up with old ones. I'm very lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life, and in Owen's.

Other things that we did this summer-- Owen joined soccer and it was adorable to watch. I introduced him to baseball, football and golf. I've had the joyous opportunity to start writing for Baby Organic Joy. I've had the opportunity to connect with many companies, and write for them as well. 

All in all-- Its been a great summer.

If you have a list of things that you wanted to do this summer, there's still a couple of weeks left! Go do them! :)

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama