Monday 16 September 2013

It’s not always what they say, it’s how they say it.

The best part of making my son’s lunch in the morning is adding in a little love note. I have written one each day and stuck it inside Owen’s lunch pail and each day he comes home and tells me he found my note. I know it means something to him, and it means a lot to me.

The other morning as I was getting ready for work and Owen was sitting on my bed, he walked up to me with a little note he had scribbled for me, and said: “Here Mom, I have written you a love note, it says: Dear Mommy, have a good day. Love, Owen.” Of course, this melted my heart and I placed it in front of my bathroom mirror so I could see it each morning.

 Now, as you can see if this photo below, I have a collection.
Being a good example really starts with you, the parent.

“Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.--James Baldwin”


0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama