Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tiny little Footsteps

Funny how the smallest things your child does can make you smile. When Owen was able to walk and talk, he would call out to me: “Mommmmm! I want more milk!” I would call back to him, walk into his room, pick him up in my arms, and we would head downstairs for his morning milk. 
He still asks for his morning milk, but some mornings I hear his little footsteps walking down the hall and into my room and his little voice calling out to me as he enters my bedroom. He starts off with “Mommy, I need more milk”, then he places his blankie on my bed beside me, asks me what time it is, and if I need something to cuddle. I know every Mom thinks this, but when he says and does these things, I can’t help but think I have the sweetest little boy in the world!
This morning I was thinking to myself…. I wish I could hold every single memory of him in my head forever. I want to always remember his little footsteps walking down the hall to me. For some reason, the sound of those little footsteps makes me really happy.  From the day I found out I was pregnant, to this present day, I have made several memory books, picture books, and scrap books, and what I also have done is written down little quotes my son has said to me.
One of my favorite quotes would be when Owen said, “Mommy, you’re my best friend.”  I was over the moon with delight! Immediately after kissing him, I grabbed a piece of paper, wrote what he had said, dated it and put it on my fridge. (Just an idea for all of you who haven’t started doing this already.) I would highly encourage you to start writing down the sweet little things your children say to you, place them in a keepsake book, and put a copy on your fridge (sticky notes are great for this!)  
Now that my son is walking AND talking, my plan is to start jotting down things that my son does that make me incredibly happy, things I never want to forget…. Like tiny little footsteps. J

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama