Monday 18 March 2013

For the last few weeks my three year old seems to be going through what some people may call the “terrible two’s” .  But how could this be? He’s three?  Up until now, it has felt like we were communicating better, talking through problems and having fun just being Mom and son. 
Lately however, my “big boy” has been incredibly emotional, has been talking back to me, and even throwing his toys.  What’s wrong?  After going over this again and again in my mind, I’ve decided that  I’m just not going to worry about it.  Why?
I often find myself throwing out excuses for every time he is acting out of sorts but when I stop to think about it, I realize that I often act out of sorts, too!  I have days when everything seems to go wrong and other days when everything goes right.  I need to remember that he is human, he’s 3, and even though he can communicate with me, he is still an immature, inexperienced, emotional little person.  
So there you have it.  I’m not going to fret over why my son is acting like a wild child (for the moment) but I will end on this.  No matter how your child acts, always hang in there and stay consistent. You may have good days, bad days; good weeks, bad weeks; terrible twos and threes—just always love them.

0 comments:

 
blog design ©2013 smitten blog designs, all content ©2013 tips from a mama